SOCIAL SECURITY TOP TEN
- Request a Social Security Statement (formerly Personal Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement) – A statement of your lifetime earnings and an estimate of your benefits. Make your request online and we will mail you a response.
- If you have already received a Social Security Statement and have questions about it, try our My Statement Page.
- Cost of Living Information – Current Benefit, Tax and Wage-Indexed Changes.
- Compute Your Own Benefit Estimate – A program and a publication explaining how Social Security retirement benefits are computed.
- How to Replace, Correct, or Change Your Name on Your Social Security Card
- Benefit Information Publications – Retirement, Survivors, Disability and Supplemental Security Income publications
- How to Apply for Social Security Retirement Benefits.
- The Most Popular Given Names – a collection of data about popular names by sex, state, year and so on. Having trouble picking a name for your expectant child? You’re sure to get some ideas here.
- Have you tried our new Searchable Frequently Asked Questions database? More than 600 questions asked and answered.
- How to Contact a Local Social Security Office – This application allows you to type in your ZIP code and find the social security office nearest you.